Follow

Thanks to all who have questions, to those who provide answers and to all who are caregivers and are so unappreciated. I read the questions and forums everyday. I wish I could help answer questions but my knowledge is very limited. With every cry for help I realize how lucky I am. I am the sole caregiver for my wife. I am so lucky our family is supportive, finances are not an issue, and my wife is lovely for all but a few moments a day. She has dementia and sundowners.. Physically everything has to be done for her. I can hope that your tomorrow is better and be kind to yourself., You deserve it.

Find Care & Housing
I hope that your journey continues on the "easy" path it is. Mine was the same. My Husband gentle and compliant. It does make a difference.
But as "easy" as it is please don't forget to take time for yourself.
Your wife is lucky!
Oh, you do have a lot to share.
(3)

Thank you for expressing that. May all your caregiving days be easy and peaceful. I’m happy for you!
(2)

Thank you for your kind words.
(0)

❤️
(0)

Rooster. You are really articulate. Please do consider giving your input on the forum. As you know from reading, the support alone can be invaluable.
(2)

I always say that being a caregiver for a loved one is the hardest job any of us will ever do, and we often feel under appreciated while in the midst of it, so even though my caregiving journey for my late husband is over, I appreciate the "Thank you."
To me, it's always nice to be able to pay it forward to those still in the throes of such a difficult task.
God bless you as you take this difficult journey with your wife.
(3)

Welcome .
According to your profile it sounds as if you have plenty of experience . I would not say you have limited knowledge.
Your nice post is appreciated .
(4)

That's sweet rooster, not sure if I replied to you or not, but it's really sweet. Chime in anytime, you might be surprised that you have things to add.

It does help reading others people problem some time.

Or you can even give us some jokes in the joke section,

Best of luck with your wife.
(3)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter