Follow

Good morning everyone,

Over the weekend, we experienced a technical issue that prevented users from logging into the AgingCare site. The issue was fixed, but some users did not regain access immediately. Our development team did a sweep for affected users yesterday and restored their access.

If you were having issues logging in, a simple password reset will get you back into your account.

Some profile pages were showing 404 errors as part of this issue. These profile pages have been restored.
If you have further issues with seeing your profile page or logging into your account, please use the “Send Us a Message” form on this page to let us know: agingcare.com/aboutus

Updates on other fixes:
Our automatic spam blocker has been extra sensitive as of late and some users have been incorrectly blocked from posting. A fix for this is being coded and should be ready in approximately 2 weeks (allow a few extra days for testing and troubleshooting). If you feel you’ve been blocked in error, please use the “Send Us a Message” form on this page to let us know: agingcare.com/aboutus.

Message deletion is down on profile pages. A fix for this will be coded after the work on the spam blocker.

Additionally, our roadmap for the future includes building a messaging "block" feature, to stop messages from people you don't want to hear from.
In the meantime, you can hide the public messages other users have left on your wall by going to agingcare.com/profile/privacy and turning off “Show Public Messages” in your privacy settings.

We appreciate your patience, and the support you show one another on AgingCare.

-The AgingCare Tech Team

Find Care & Housing
1 2 3 4 5
A friendly meow to the Tech Cat.
I cannot access my profile page. I have logged out & back in. I cleared the cache (I think). What else do you suggest?
(7)

I think the site was down temporarily while they rolled out the updates, even logged off I couldn't get much of anything beyond the home page
(6)

A couple mornings ago, I signed in and all I got was blank stuff too. For about 5 hours. Then I started try to fix it, and it started working.

Not sure if it was me or if it fixed its self but haven't had the issue sence
(0)

Recent problem for me after returning from a month off.
I am getting old messages showing up in my feed. As I empty messages right away this is really annoying. If it continues I will just turn off private messaging which doesn't much matter to me in any case. Just curious if others are seeing this.
(2)

I'm in, thanks AgingCareCM for the fixes!
(3)

Hi all,

The team has successfully rolled out stricter spam blocking features and put an end to the influx of spam posts. We're also aware of recent changes to profile pages and working to fix them. Your ideas and feedback are greatly appreciated. As always, thank you for your patience and for being part of the AgingCare community.
(7)

Geaton777 reports she cannot sign on this morning. The site tells her that her email is not valid. Any idea when this issue will be fixed??
(1)

Any updates on the site issues this morning?
(0)

I noticed we have a lot of new people coming on the forum for the first time, which is great, but rarely do they fill out the Profile. Thus, we have to second guess what is going on.

I try to welcome the new people to the forum, and then suggest they fill out the Profile. I do this so much that now when I proof-read my post, I feel like I did an AI software answer.

Is there a prompt that can be added when someone new signs up?
(3)

Geaton, I’m Mac too and it’s the same. My other personal issue is that I don’t get email notifications daily or in any type of pattern. Like could get a single email last week Wednesday and it’s crickets since. For years it was EOD every weekday then the weekend roundup.

The bigger concern for me is this forum is tagged by scammers. It’s on scammers radar. Those “recovery” posts for crypto / bitcoin getting posted regularly means the moderator isn’t in real time actively monitoring and the site does not have filters set up to do a hold or a pause when key words like bitcoin are in a post. Last weekend there were I think like 5 recovery scammers posts… AND IN ALL CAPS TOO (rotflmao!).
(5)

Hopefully any software updates also benefit those of us who use Desk Top Computers. Been using a Desk Top for over 35 years, and it is better on my neck and eyes to be at eye level with the screen instead of hunch over looking into a tablet or cellphone. Everyone has their own comfort level, and I am glad we have choices.
(4)

cwillie, we do this for our own clients. It can be optimized for both.
(1)

I figure that is all part of the trend to optimize websites for phones and tablets Geaton
(0)

Tech Admins, for the past 2 days my Profile page (and others' pages) hasn't look right. The graphic arrangement is now all on the left side rather than centered, and the way the information lays out causes it to be difficult to read/find.

Is anyone else having this issue? I'm on a MacBook Pro laptop in Safari browser....
(3)

Thank you, that last step seems to have cleared the issue for me!
(1)

Hi all,

We have no reason to believe the site is unsafe or has any viruses. What we’ve seen over the past few weeks is an influx of spam posting—a common issue for forums—for which we are rolling out more strict spam blocking features.

AgingCare login persists a long time because we’ve found that users prefer to remain logged in.

If you want to troubleshoot your logout issues:

Clear Browser Cache and All Cookies
- Open the browser settings.
- Go to the privacy and security section.
- Clear browsing data, making sure to include all cookies, site data, and cached images and files.

Disable Browser Sync
- Check if the browser's sync feature is enabled.
- Disable sync temporarily to ensure that cleared data is not being restored from other devices.

Review Antivirus/Privacy Suite Settings
- Check the settings of any antivirus or privacy software to see if there are features that might be restoring cookies or login data.

Clear Local Storage and IndexedDB
- Use the browser's developer tools (usually accessed by pressing F12 or right-clicking and selecting "Inspect").
- Navigate to the Application tab.
- Clear local storage and IndexedDB data for AgingCare.com

Restart the Browser and Computer
- After clearing all relevant data, restart the browser and the computer to ensure all changes take effect.
(2)

this gets even weirder, I cleared all cookies through my antivirus suite and also deleted the saved passwords from my browser and when I came back I am automatically logged on again, this is acting like a virus
(1)

CWillie, I am always being logged out and being on the site will drain my battery. Something is obviously going on.

The safety level of the site has dropped off a cliff.
(0)

I've notice something weird the last week or so, every time I come to AgingCare I'm automatically logged in despite having my browser settings delete all cookies on exit and my passwords not set for auto login. Anybody else noticing this, or do I need to do a deeper purge of my PC??
(0)

It looks to me like the Bitcoin spammers have declared war 🤣
(6)

Hi all, we are aware of the spam posting issue. Our developers worked through the holiday to determine some additional measures to block spam. Thank you for your patience.
(3)

Geaton, you are not able to receive messages on your account ...did you set it up that way or is this another glitch in the system?
(3)

I did the usual: rebooted, tried a different browser, cleared my cache, tried to access it on another device, etc. Nothing made a difference but even if my account was deleted, I should have been able to create a new account with a different user name and different email (I have 3), but couldn't do that.
(1)

I had my some replies deleted too. Update glitches?
(1)

Geaton, you disappeared completely. Your replies disappeared. It looked like ur acctvwas deleted.
(1)

The morning of June 26th I was typing a response in a thread and it wouldn't accept it. It suddenly logged me out. Then it wouldn't accept my login credentials. I requested a new password, but never go an email. I tried to make a new account, but couldn't. I'm not sure my form email to the admins even went through, but then eventually everything went back to normal, except my profile photo disappeared completely. The response it woudn't accept was there in the thread.
(1)

Overnight June 25-26 my account was deleted. User name no longer exists, login doesn't work. Tried to email admin but it bounced because my email is blocked. Opened a new account using my previous user name and a new email address. Any way to merge my account back together? Now my new email is blocked too. I'm can be a smarty pants but doubt I did anything to warrant blocking or suspension.
(2)

Hi all,

We got reports of questions and discussions not posting recently. We released a fix for that this morning. As usual, thanks for reporting to the moderator and thanks for being a part of our community.
(6)

Are you signed in at all times? If so, maybe sign out and sign back in? Maybe clear your history? You will need to sign back in if you do that. Sometimes "cookies" will screw things up.
(1)

Care13 - It can be because you used a word that the anti spam bots flagged, or you provided a link they didn't like, it could also be because there's a glitch in the system. It would be nice if they would let us know what's up because multiple people have already reported this problem and I'm sure many more of us have encountered it and just shrugged and given up trying (I know it have)
(0)

1 2 3 4 5
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter